About Me

My photo
I am a small town girl living the big city life with my superhero hubby and our superhero- in-training son! I love Jesus and junior mints and have a secret addiction to Neil Diamond and Cat Steven's music. I love a good theme party, the smell of pretty stationary, a good book and a glass of ice tea with an orange slice in it. I am fairly certain that given a cape and a nice tiara, I could save the world.

Monday, May 14, 2012

Monday Meal Plans

Wowsers! My superhero hubby and I were pleasantly surprised by the chickpea tacos we had tonight! I mean, we do live in Texas so a lot of the food we eat is influenced by our south of the border neighbors and we were curious how they'd stack up...but they were really good! I appreciate my friend Brittany over at Brittany Cardona photography http://blog.brittanycardonaphotography.com/ for helping me get started with some great tips and recipes. 

We topped with tomatoes, fresh salsa and reduced fat cheese and a side of roasted green bell peppers.  Yum! Here's the recipe for anyone who wants to give it a whirl:

Ingredients:
2 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp dried oregano
1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp sea salt
1 Tbsp lime juice
2 Tbsp water
One 14 oz can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
8 taco shells
taco trimmings:  shredded cabbage, tomato, avocado and even greek non fat plain yogurt for sour cream!

Directions:  In a large bowl combine all ingredients and add chickpeas to marinate.  Let marinate for at least 30 minutes.  Place chickpeas on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray.  Bake 20 to 30 minutes at 375 degrees, stirring once during cooking.  Prepare taco shells according to package directions and fill with chickpeas and toppings!

Veggie Ole!

No comments:

Post a Comment