About Me

My photo
I am a small town girl living the big city life with my superhero hubby and our superhero- in-training son! I love Jesus and junior mints and have a secret addiction to Neil Diamond and Cat Steven's music. I love a good theme party, the smell of pretty stationary, a good book and a glass of ice tea with an orange slice in it. I am fairly certain that given a cape and a nice tiara, I could save the world.

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Shaking up breakfast

I've never been one to skip a meal and breakfast really is the most important one of the day.  We love our "milkshakes" around here and this morning we're all enjoying what is called a Green Monster Shake.  However, when we added our frozen berries to it the color turned purple so we're renaming it to the Purple Monster Shake!
"W" enjoying his Purple Monster Milkshake

Ingredients: 1.5 cups milk (we use almond)
2 handfuls baby spinach (imagine how thrilled I am that I've tricked my son into ingesting something green!)
1 T chia or flax seeds (optional but we use flax)
1 T protein powder or nut butter (can use both but we just used almond butter)
frozen banana
frozen berries
dash of cinnamon

Blend milk and spinach then add the other ingredients and finish blending.  Mmmmm monster good!
I would love to hear what you and your family eat for breakfast that's healthy so as always feel free to email me or post a great recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment