About Me

My photo
I am a small town girl living the big city life with my superhero hubby and our superhero- in-training son! I love Jesus and junior mints and have a secret addiction to Neil Diamond and Cat Steven's music. I love a good theme party, the smell of pretty stationary, a good book and a glass of ice tea with an orange slice in it. I am fairly certain that given a cape and a nice tiara, I could save the world.

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Happy Saturday!

I hosted a spa party at my home last night and I had a great time with my girlfriends!  It's nice to just relax and pamper yourself especially when you've spent the day doing things like laundry, dishes, taking a 2 year old to McDonald's to play and cleaning up spilled popcorn, goldfish and milk around the house.  While I stayed clear of the chocolates, wine and queso I did indulge in one of my favorite sweet treats...fruit salsa! I am forever addicted to this stuff and it's so easy to make, pretty to look at and delicious & healthy to munch on.  I thought I'd share the recipe since we are headed into a hot summer and this salsa is cool and refreshing.


Fruit Salsa
Ingredients: 1 can of mandarin oranges, drained
1 large granny smith apple, cored and sliced into wedges
6-8 strawberries, hulled

I have a lovely little tupperware food processor/chopper that I use so I just throw everything in and chop it til all the pieces are small.  Serve with cinnamon pita chips that can be found at the grocery store.

Hope you try it and enjoy.  I did enjoy the cinnamon sugar chips but I try to maximize by picking out broken ones and scooping a huge amount of fruit on the 'corners' so I'm not just eating a massive amount of sugary chips.

Happy Mother's Day to all my friends out there.  I know some great moms and to quote someone I heard recently in regards to moms, "you're kind of a big deal".  So whether you spend some time at the spa, dinner out, a workout or a drive around town just listening to your music spend some time taking care of yourself and just relax, you've earned it.

No comments:

Post a Comment