About Me

My photo
I am a small town girl living the big city life with my superhero hubby and our superhero- in-training son! I love Jesus and junior mints and have a secret addiction to Neil Diamond and Cat Steven's music. I love a good theme party, the smell of pretty stationary, a good book and a glass of ice tea with an orange slice in it. I am fairly certain that given a cape and a nice tiara, I could save the world.

Monday, May 14, 2012

Confessions of a Foodie

Confession #1:  I ate 2 brownies yesterday.  Thankfully, they were No Pudge fat free brownies so I've got little to no guilt going on today. 


Confession #2:  I hate exercise.  This is the point of my weight loss journey where I start to whine about how difficult it is to get a toddler to the gym (although, he did fantastic today-no crying!) and how much I hate sweating.  It's just gross, I don't like my clothes sticking to me and my legs were jello today when I was done.  My greatest struggle won't be with the food so much as it will be staying motivated to go and work out.  It's completely depressing sometimes to see that for 25 minutes of workout I've only burned 150 calories and I need to burn like a gazillion.

Confession #3:  I am currently slow cooking bbq pork to take to a new mommy.  It smells so stinking good y'all and I start my 2 week vegeterian diet today. I really want to taste that meat when it's done but I will be dining on chick pea tacos tonight instead which I will post a picture and recipe later for!

Confession #4:  I'm scared.  Even though I'm counting points and watching my food, exercising and getting good sleep I always fear stepping on the scale and so I'm scared for my weekly weigh in.  Plus, going "public" to my friends about my goals to lose weight means I've put myself out there and I fear letting people down.

Thanks for listening to what's on my heart this morning.  As always, I love getting your emails, texts, calls and posts.  They are encouraging words that keep me going and inspire me to not get bogged down!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment