About Me

My photo
I am a small town girl living the big city life with my superhero hubby and our superhero- in-training son! I love Jesus and junior mints and have a secret addiction to Neil Diamond and Cat Steven's music. I love a good theme party, the smell of pretty stationary, a good book and a glass of ice tea with an orange slice in it. I am fairly certain that given a cape and a nice tiara, I could save the world.

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Diving in...

I avoided purchasing a swim suit last season despite some really good efforts on the part of my mommy friends.  Oh they were very convincing telling me that "no one cares" and that "W would really love this pool we go to!".  I made excuse after excuse and did go and try on suits at one point only to leave the store in tears on the phone to my hubby telling him if we could only pay for a weight reduction surgery my life would be better.

This year I decided it would be different despite the fact I'm 15 pounds heavier than I was last summer!  Just like my realization that I need to get past my insecurities regarding being in pictures with my family I also realized I don't need to let my insecurities get in the way of having fun.  What this really boils down to is my believing that my worth is in Christ and not of an ideal body image here on earth.  So this morning, with our swimsuits on, I packed up my sweet cheeked boy and we went to a friend's home to go swimming.  I'm not in any pictures honestly because it was all I could do to get some of "W" and keep the camera dry.  I had a great time though and didn't think about anything other than the friend I was with and watching our kids have fun in the sun.

A friend of mine over at  Working Out Love wrote a fantastic article about swimsuits just yesterday and if you have time I'd love for you to read it too.  In the meantime, I'm going to take a little nap and enjoy a Skinny Cow popsicle afterwards.


pure.joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment