About Me

My photo
I am a small town girl living the big city life with my superhero hubby and our superhero- in-training son! I love Jesus and junior mints and have a secret addiction to Neil Diamond and Cat Steven's music. I love a good theme party, the smell of pretty stationary, a good book and a glass of ice tea with an orange slice in it. I am fairly certain that given a cape and a nice tiara, I could save the world.

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The weight of the world



This morning I feel like the weight of the world is on my shoulders and maybe that's why I am up .8 lbs.  I am frustrated, tired and feel like eating a couple of s'mores for breakfast because what's the point?  I am busting my butt, eating right, counting my points (Weight Watchers)-- which by the way is really difficult with a toddler I don't know why but it is hard to calculate food and journal it when you live with a monkey.  My body aches from exercise and my stomach keeps asking "where's the beef?".

But I refuse to let .8 be the reason I throw in the towel.  Maybe it's water, salt or time to step up the exercise (I really hope it's not that last one).  Hey, maybe it's a muscle?!?   It's a slooooooooooow process and I honestly don't know why you guys are still reading this stuff--aren't you tired of me yet?


4 comments:

  1. Oh, I am so sorry! I know you are disappointed! Keep going!!! I'm proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are doing awesome! and this is completely normal. when i workout, i always gain weight. i always tell myself it's muscle...which is probably/hopefully true. just keep doing what you're doing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ugh, thanks friend (as I eat a No Pudge Brownie and watch the rain fall outside my window). I do absolutely feel better every day with my new veggie diet and increased cardio workouts. I'll get there, thanks for the encouragement and great recipes!!!

    ReplyDelete