About Me

My photo
I am a small town girl living the big city life with my superhero hubby and our superhero- in-training son! I love Jesus and junior mints and have a secret addiction to Neil Diamond and Cat Steven's music. I love a good theme party, the smell of pretty stationary, a good book and a glass of ice tea with an orange slice in it. I am fairly certain that given a cape and a nice tiara, I could save the world.

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

One time pass

When I joined Weight Watchers 7 years ago they gave me (and all members) a one time "no weigh in pass".  Today, I'm taking my own personal 'one time pass' from the scale.   We all have weeks where we know we didn't do well and in my case, have had a little breakdown and am carrying some defeat on my shoulders and just don't want to get on the scale.  I've also realized that by inviting so many people along on my personal journey and into my eating struggles it adds a whole other element of pressure and stress for me.  I honestly feel good about where I am this morning without weighing in.   I worked out every single day last week...some days I worked out twice! I also recognize my continuing struggles with making wise snack choices as well as asking myself "am I really hungry? or am I just bored and want to eat?".  

In my morning devotional time today I was reminded that when I am out of control, God is in control and so my prayer for the next week is for a calm spirit, strength and self-control.  I am weak, but He is strong and I lose sight of that sometimes by trying to do everything myself.  Thanks for your continued support and kind words and I hope you'll see less of me next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment