About Me

My photo
I am a small town girl living the big city life with my superhero hubby and our superhero- in-training son! I love Jesus and junior mints and have a secret addiction to Neil Diamond and Cat Steven's music. I love a good theme party, the smell of pretty stationary, a good book and a glass of ice tea with an orange slice in it. I am fairly certain that given a cape and a nice tiara, I could save the world.

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Tuesday Treats

We've done laundry, scrubbed bathrooms, watched the garbage trucks roll by outside and read every alphabet book we have.  It's been a busy morning so after lunch I thought I'd make us a "treat" to munch on.  I've had my eye on a recipe from Happy Herbivore called Honey Roasted "Nuts" (Chickpeas) and today we tried them!

I thought they came out beautiful, crunchy and cinnamon sugary...



Of course, it doesn't matter if I like them. I'm not 2.  Does "W" like them?



YES! Score!!! He ate an entire little bowl of them and while they taste yummy I can feel good about the fiber and protein he unknowingly just devoured.  Check out the recipe here and give them a try too!

No comments:

Post a Comment