About Me

My photo
I am a small town girl living the big city life with my superhero hubby and our superhero- in-training son! I love Jesus and junior mints and have a secret addiction to Neil Diamond and Cat Steven's music. I love a good theme party, the smell of pretty stationary, a good book and a glass of ice tea with an orange slice in it. I am fairly certain that given a cape and a nice tiara, I could save the world.

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Simple Saturday

"Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless".  ~Bill Watterson


While I love going on day trip adventures, backyard bbqs or a date with my hubby sometimes the greatest Saturdays are the ones spent doing absolutely nothing.   No planning.  No thinking.  Just enjoying my home with my little family.  Today is one of those days.  I got up early so I went to the gym and then came home to my bright eyed son jumping in piles and piles of all our bed pillows.  We've watched some Blues Clues, checked the mail, eaten California rolls and homemade popsicles and spent the morning laughing.  I decided I wanted some produce so I got in the car, turned the music up and drove to downtown Plano to this little gem...



I've passed Georgia's a million times, heck, we got married in the park across the street but I've never gone in until today.  It was fabulous.  I was the youngest person in there and some of the old rusty decor on the shelves made me happy I'd had a tetanus shot a few years ago (no, I didn't plan on touching anything but I'm slightly odd, remember?).  I roamed the aisles thinking of what I wanted to go with our grilled chicken tonight, loaded up with goodies and headed back home.  We read some books to "W" before his nap and then I took a nap.  Isn't that great? It's not even 3 o'clock yet and we have so much day left to do nothing with! No doubt we'll be in the backyard for the rest of the evening grilling, swimming and chatting with neighbors.  I hope you are enjoying your Saturday and I hope you find some lazy time in there somewhere too!




No comments:

Post a Comment