I'm beyond thrilled at 17 pounds gone from my body. That's 68 sticks of butter people! Yeehaw!! And while I know that I have a long way to go, if I think about how much more I need to lose I will get depressed so this week I've focused on my non-scale victories which include but are not limited to the following:
1. When I started my weight loss journey I was wearing a size XL in t shirts and blouses. I am now sporting size large with wiggle room to spare!
2. My bath towel now completely fits around my frame! This is kind of a big deal for me and I cannot express how huge I have felt that I can't even get my bath towel wrapped around me. Do you know how cold your rear end can get when stepping out of the shower? Not anymore!!
3. I have so much more energy and am less irritable. This is fabulous since I stay home with a 2 year old boy whose mood can change at the drop of a Lego...one of us needs to be stable!
4. I don't crave sugar as much. This is HUGE for me. I've gone from popping 2-3 fatty desserts a day into my mouth to maybe 1 a day and they are always low fat options like Vitatop muffins, yogurt, low fat puddings or fruit.
5. I'm enjoying people more, food less. We've had a lot of cookouts and get-togethers this summer and I notice that I'm not the first one in the food line anymore. I am enjoying my friends and the moments we celebrate more and I don't even think about the pie or the plate of chocolate chip cookies. Life should be celebrated!
I weighed in this week at 183 which is the same as last week so no loss, no gain! I'm so close to my first goal of losing 10% of my initial starting weight!!! Hope you'll be seeing less of me next week!